- WordPress started in 2003
- It was first released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little
- WordPress is an Open Source project
- WordPress was used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013
- WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites
What You Can Use WordPress For
WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system.
- Personal blog
- Business website
- Professional portfolio
- Government website
- Magazine or news website
- E-commerce Application
- Flexibility : With WordPress, you can create any type of website you want
- Publish with Ease : You can create Posts and Pages, format them easily.
- User Management
- Easy Theme System
- Extend with Plugins
- Built-in Comments
- Search Engine Optimized
- Easy Installation and Upgrades
Famous Brands That Use WordPress
WordPress is a powerful semantic publishing platform, and it comes with a great set of features designed to make your experience as a publisher on the Internet as easy, pleasant and appealing as possible.